Meetings are scheduled as necessary
No meetings currently scheduled.
5 of 5 seats. 3 years each seat.
- Terri Mitchell. June, 2024.
- Todd Dubreuil. June, 2024.
- James Burnham. 2026.
- Charles J. Readinger. June, 2025.
- Matt Popoli. June, 2025.
FINANCE COMMITTEE ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
he finance committee shall meet and investigate the cost of maintenance and expenditures of the Town, and recommend in detail the amounts to be appropriated for each department for the ensuing year. They shall also consider all articles in the Town warrants requiring the appropriation of money and shall make written report to the meetings considering such articles.”
Shelburne Town Bylaws – Article 2, Section 4
Composition & Term of Office
The moderator at each annual town meeting shall appoint the necessary number of members to the Finance Committee. In the first year the Town adopts this By-Law, the Moderator shall appoint two (2) members for three (3) years, two (2) members for two (2) years and one (1) member for one (1) year and each year thereafter at subsequent Town Meeting, the Moderator shall appoint members to fill the expiring term(s) for three (3) years.
Shelburne Town By-Laws
TERMS & DEFINITIONS
- BUDGET A plan of financial operation including an estimate of proposed revenues and expenditures for a given period of time.
- CHERRY SHEET The official notification from the Commissioner of Revenue of the next fiscal year’s state aid and assessments to communities and regional school districts.
- DEBT EXCLUSION Vote on at town meeting. Purpose: to allow exclusion, from the levy limit, of debt service payments for a particular capital project. If approved, the amount of the annual debt service is added to the levy limit for the life of the debt only.
- FREE CASH Funds remaining from the operations of the previous fiscal year, certified by the Department of Revenues director of accounts, as available for appropriation. Includes: unexpended free cash from the previous year, receipts in excess of estimates shown on the tax recapitulation sheet and unspent amounts in budget line-items.
- LOCAL RECEIPTS Annual estimates of local receipts are shown on the tax recapitulation sheet. These are: locally generated revenues other than real and personal property taxes, excluding enterprise revenue funds. Examples: motor vehicle excise, investment income, hotel/motel tax, fees rentals & charges.
- OPERATING BUDGET The plan of proposed expenditures for personnel, supplies, and other expenses for the coming fiscal year.
- OVERRIDE A vote at Town Meeting to permanently increase the levy limit. An override vote may increase the levy limit to no higher than the levy ceiling.
- RESERVE FUND An amount set aside annually within the budget of a town (not to exceed 5% of the tax levy for the preceding year), to provide a funding source for “extraordinary and unforeseen” expenditures.
- STABILIZATION FUND An account from which funds may be appropriated for any lawful purpose. Towns may appropriate into the fund in any year an amount not to exceed 10% of the prior year’s tax levy, or a larger amount with the approval of the emergency finance board. A two-thirds vote of the town meeting is required to appropriate money from the stabilization account.
- Mon, Sep 11, 2023 at 05:30 PM -- 18 Little Mohawk Road
- Mon, Aug 28, 2023 at 05:30 PM -- Shelburne Fire Station, 18 Little Mohawk Road & via Zoom
- Mon, Aug 14, 2023 at 05:15 PM -- 75 Mechanic Street
- Mon, Aug 7, 2023 at 05:30 PM -- 18 Little Mohawk Road
- Mon, Jan 9, 2023 at 05:30 PM -- 18 Little Mohawk Road
- Mon, Oct 24, 2022 at 06:30 PM -- Shelburne Fire Station, 18 Little Mohawk Road
- Fri, Oct 14, 2022 at 01:30 PM -- Shelburne Fire Station, 18 Little Mohawk Road
- Mon, Jan 24, 2022 at 11:00 AM -- Zoom Meeting ID 359 058 3442
- Tue, Jan 18, 2022 at 07:00 PM -- Shelburne Fire Station, 18 Little Mohawk Road
- Mon, Sep 13, 2021 at 06:30 PM -- Zoom Meeting ID 950 423 2156
- Show 33 More...